Edwige

I was over at my friend Rachel Sharpe's flat the other day and I noticed she had some photos of a stunning, punky bleached blonde woman pinned to her wall. I asked her who it was, and that's how I discovered Edwige Belmore, 'queen of the punks'. Part of the Warhol and Studio 54 set, I'd undoubtedly seen her picture in books and magazines but it never really clicked before. Now I really wish I'd found out earlier.
Her life reads like my wet dream - Parisian model haunting New York underground hangouts like Mudd Club and Danceteria, rubbing shoulders with hot artists and hip no-wavers, striding down the catwalk for Gaultier and later releasing her own music, singing in nightclubs and starring in a film with Vincent Gallo.
Swap lives, please?

Agyness who?
Pop gruppe, Mathematiques Modernes.

On TV


by Maripol

le Smoking

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment