Lady in Red

I stumbled upon this picture online (no idea who it is or who it's by)


but the hair & make-up and styling remind me of one of my all-time favourite style heroines, La Marchesa Casati:


although the colours remind me more of the Otto Dix (another favourite) painting of Anita Berber (ditto):


If anyone has any information about the origins of the top photograph, who it's by and whether it's part of a series - I'd love to see more - then please let me know! x Oh and Merry Yule/Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Instantly thought of Alla Nazimova. Here she is:
    http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=alla+nazimova&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=cQQjTZ-8DNGLhQfG0NS3Dg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=2&ved=0CDgQsAQwAQ&biw=1307&bih=810

    There's some of her movie footage on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. Thanks Neil! I hadn't heard of her before, she looks fascinating x

    ReplyDelete