R.I.P Elizabeth Taylor

Today I was genuinely saddened to learn of the passing of one of my ultimate heroines, Dame Elizabeth Taylor. I'm spending the night watching Giant and Butterfield 8 and wishing there were more hours in the day so that I could add Suddenly Last Summer, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, A Place in the Sun and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof to my movie marathon. But a girl's got to sleep. Here's a collection of some of my favourite images of Liz...


Baby Liz!

as Cleopatra

and again


with then-husband Mike Todd and baby Liza

with Paul Newman in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

Butterfield 8

in THAT white swimsuit from Suddenly, Last Summer



It's important that Elizabeth is remembered not only as one of the most beautiful women of all time, but as a great talent and a generous and loyal philanthropist particularly with regard to her tireless support of gay rights and AIDS charities.

No comments:

Post a Comment