ISSA

Time for another wordy post. I always get in the habit of updating with some pretty pictures when I can't think of anything to say, but I'll try and summon up some musings today.
Issa isn't a label I know very much about (but things gonna change) but when I was indulging in my main hobby of 'browsing internet for nice pix' I came across their A/W 2010 catwalk collection and boy is it ME all over..... Feast your eyes:



Red lips? Check. Oversized shades? Check. Shiny shiny leather? Check. The classic movie star-style headscarf scaffolded by the towering quiff is so perfect I could maybe squeeze out a small salty tear. At the moment I may be suffering a fringe but in the past I've always been a s.t.a.u.n.c.h devotee of the quiff/shades/lippie combination.


The 'Q/S/L' when combined with the black headscarf reminds me so much of fashion designer/writer/filmmaker/muse Diane Pernet. Her white skin and kabuki-style black mane set off by a veil and impenetrable shades hae become her trademark and made her an instant favourite of mine. 



So, even though the end of Summer fills me with dread (even more so this year - this will be my last EVER 'school holiday' as I'm going into my last year at university. Next summer will be filled with the fear and loathing of having to get a job and enter the real world), the appearance of the A/W clothes in the shops never ceases to excite me. I'll be stocking up on headscarves, cape-like jackets, leather opera gloves and layering different textures of black in true goth fashion. I can't wait - and because I live in Scotland I probably WON'T have to wait very long.......

Til the next time I'm feeling verbally inclined! x

No comments:

Post a Comment