If it were raining men...

...I'd happily go out without my umbrella and risk a ruined hairdo if they all resembled Marcello Mastroianni.






In La Dolce Vita with the indecently beautiful Anita Ekberg.



And all the while I'm reminded of Judy Garland singing "You made me love you / I didn't wanna do it, I didn't wanna do it" because of course NOW Marcello has ruined my life - by setting the standard for malehood so high, I can only be devastatingly disappointed by every other man I lay eyes on. It really isn't fair on anyone involved.

3 comments:

  1. He's fairly the spit of Patrick McGoohan. Il pleut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I see where you're coming from, but Marcello has the edge over McGoohan. The sexy, Italian edge. All too thin on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. isn't age an evil thing?
    http://crimideia.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/anita-ekbergold1.jpg

    ReplyDelete