Emma Bell

From her SS10 collection.

Visit her site to browse through past collections. I really like her AW09 stuff, especially the yellow trousers with the dog on the crotch and the carnival masks over the boobs in a sort of coconut bra. Her designs remind me of 1980s Bodymap:


...a label whose influence can be seen EVERYWHERE today. The pattern on the long socks in the picture above is not too dissimilar to the pattern used on American Apparel leggings and skirts, for example. 

For me, Emma Bell's creations also pay homage to work by artists such as Claes Oldenburg:



And Sarah Lucas:


As well as one of my favourite designers, Pam Hogg:


 

(vintage Hogg - Flowers of Scotland collection, 1987)


I could go on and on about Pam Hogg because I think she's brilliant, but I'd better not lose my thread.
Emma Bell.
Yep. Visit her blog and follow her adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment