Nearly there...

So close to achieving my dream hair:


Mine is a few inches longer than Debbie's in this photo. I need to bleach some more of the underneath layer and stick some silvery toner in it to take out the remaining red tones. It's quite a strange golden blonde colour right now, which is nice in its own way, but I want it white. I'm pleasantly surprised that my hair still feels in good condition when by rights it should be breaking off all over the place.
If anybody knows any cheap, quick and safe ways of getting dark brown hair to go white blonde, feel free to share your tips. I tend to use Smart Colour Platinum Blonde because it has no Ammonia, is fairly cheap and easy to use. After that, I stick on loads of Directions White Toner and leave it for about half an hour to sink in before washing out. If you leave it too long, your hair might absorb a slight lilac hue. I don't mind this, but if you'd rather not have it then just leave it for the prescribed 15 mins and wash out thoroughly.
Here's another gratuitous pic of Debs and her lovely two-toned hairdo.

This is more like my length.



1 comment:

  1. Jerome Russel 40Vol hair lightenig kit - Boots. Leave on for an hour (ish)

    Directions White toner - 20 Mins

    and this

    http://www.justbeautifully.co.uk/Products/Hair-Care/hair-Products/Shampoo/SK-1101774_Schwarzkopf-Bonacure-Colour-Save-Silver-Shampoo-250ml?CAWELAID=204044126

    ReplyDelete